February 12, 2016
Winter may mean cold weather and bundling up for many, but in Maui, winter time means whale season!
The opportunities for whale watching on Maui are so great that its waters have been nicknamed “Whale Soup.”
You can spot so many of these gentle giants from the island’s beaches during the 5-month season!
“Whale season is one of the most exciting times of year here on Maui and Kaanapali Beach,” explains the Sheraton Maui’s general manager, Tetsuji Yamazaki.
Did you know that humpback whales typically migrate up to 25,000 km (16,000 miles) each year?
Fully grown males average 13–14 m (43–46 feet). Females are slightly larger at 15–16 m (49–52 feet).
“The unique location of the Sheraton Maui’s Moana building, situated on top of the Black Rock, provides an unrivaled view of the Humpback Whales across the Maui Nui Basin where their population is amongst the highest,” continues Yamazaki.
Sheraton Maui’s Whale Watching Package includes:
- Three (3) night minimum length of stay.
- Deluxe Ocean Front Accommodations, with luxuriously appointed plush furnishings, Hawaiian-inspired textiles, ocean breezes and panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and Maui’s sister islands Lana‘i and Moloka‘i.
- Two day journey passes to Maui Ocean Center aquarium.
- Educational whale talk led by a marine naturalist from Maui Ocean Center.
- $25 donation to Maui’s Pacific Whale Foundation adopt-a-whale program, supporting ongoing whale research, which includes a personalized adoption certificate, story of your individual whale and map with sightings of your whale.
- Sheraton Maui tote with whale stress reliever, snacks and two Sheraton Maui refillable mason jars, to be filled with one complimentary drink of choice each.
Book online or call 866-716-8140 and request rate plan WHALEPKG for stays now through April 15, 2016.