April 19, 2018
So you’re staying in Waikiki and from the beautiful beaches to the plethora of shops, restaurants and famous attractions you have no idea where to begin? It’s true, there’s something fun and exciting around every corner and whether you’re traveling with friends, family or that special someone, Waikiki has something for everyone to enjoy. From the beach to the bar to the spa and everywhere in between, check out our list for the top 10 things to do when vacationing in Waikiki.
- A pineapple a day keeps the doctor away! When on vacation in Waikiki you need your daily dose of tropical goodness. There’s no better way to enjoy a tropical cocktail than from a freshly picked pineapple. Head on over to the Splash Bar at the Sheraton Princess Kaiulani for your daily fix. Choose any one of your favorite tropical cocktails and for just $18 our Splash Bar team will mix it up for you in a ripe pineapple.Which drink from the Splash Bar menu would you choose?
- If a day by the pool to relax and unwind is what you’re looking for, we’ve got the perfect spot for you. Float on the edge of Waikiki at one of North America’s longest oceanfront infinity pools at the Sheraton Waikiki. Non-guests can gain access to the pool and enjoy Diamond Head and ocean views when you reserve an outdoor cabana at RumFire.Capture that picture perfect infinity pool shot? Tag @sheratonwaikiki for a chance to be featured on our Instagram account!
- If you’re looking for an afternoon of modern luxury with a touch of classic charm, the veranda at the beachhouse at the Moana Surfrider is just what you need. Delight in sweet pastries and savory bites in the elegance of classic Victorian architecture and iconic beach front views all while being shaded by the historic banyan tree at teh very first hotel in Waikiki. Open daily from 11:30am-2:30pm.Tea for two please! Who would you want to enjoy afternoon tea and this lovely view with?
- Step back in time at the Royal Hawaiian. Learn more about the rich history of Waikiki and one of Waikiki’s most historic hotels during a free tour held every Tuesday and Thursday at 1:00pm at the Royal Hawaiian. Whether you have the pleasure to stay at the Royal Hawaiian or not there’s always a chance to create your own #OnlyAtTheRoyal experience!You can’t walk through the Royal Hawaiian without stopping to take a picture of the iconic Pink Palace! Need some inspiration for an Insta-worthy photo? Check out our Instagram @royal_hawaiian.
- Getting around Waikiki just got easier. Honolulu’s newest bike share program Biki, makes exploring Waikiki a breeze! With Biki bike rentals scattered along Kalakaua Avenue an throughout Honolulu, you can easily explore Waikiki, Kaka’ako and Downtown Honolulu without having to rent a car or wait for the bus. Where will your Biki bike ride take you? Make sure to check out the local restaurant and bar scene in Downtown Honolulu, it’s only a 25 minute bike from Waikiki!
- Hang loose Hawaiian style and learn to surf or canoe paddle with the Waikiki Aloha Beach Services team. You can’t leave Waikiki without taking a lesson from one of the Waikiki Beach Boys! Make a day of it all and enjoy the world famous Waikiki Beach with the whole family.Surf’s up in Waikiki!
- Looking to enjoy the Waikiki night life? Don’t miss an edgy night out as you experience the only oceanfront club on Oahu. Join us for RumFire Club Nights featuring local DJ’s every Friday and Saturday night from 9:00pm to close.Cheers to fun nights out in Waikiki!
- Tropical cocktailsare made better when accompanied by a warm Waikiki night and cool island trade winds. Don’t miss these popular roof-top bars in Waikiki during your next visit: Buho and Tommy Bahama.Drinks with a view are always better, especially when the view is beautiful Waikiki!
- Treat yourself! Revitalize the mind, nourish the body and feed the soul at the Moana Lani Spa, Waikiki’s only Oceanfront spa. Spend a day relaxing as you listen to the waves wash into Waikiki Beach while enjoying custom spa services found only at the Moana Lani Spa. If a little TLC is what you need, enjoy day access to the spa for just $50.Which spa treatment would you choose?
- You can’t visit Waikiki without experiencing a luau show. The only oceanfront luau show in town, Aha Aina, is the perfect experience for anyone seeking a traditional luau without having to venture outside of Waikiki. This one of a kind show is available Monday and Thursday evenings at the Ocean Lawn at the Royal Hawaiian.A luau show in Waikiki is a must and the Aha Aina show at the Royal Hawaiian can’t be beat!
Explore, discover and experience, that’s what a visit to Waikiki is all about. Whether you’re looking for the perfect place to unwind or searching for the best Mai Tai, each trip to Waikiki will leave you wanting more.